Life beyond bench: Non-profit organizations and you!
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
CHIentist is hosting an event dedicated to science & healthcare non-profit organizations in Chicago: “Life beyond bench: Non-profit organizations and you!”
Event covers NPO’s contributions to scientific community and public:
- Operating on a mission driven culture – progress comes from caring about a cause
- Driving a connection between innovation and funding
- Providing a diverse range of jobs (customers, collaborators, consultants) allowing for valuable collaboration
- Use of unique and effective funding models
- Incubators and maker spaces allow for personal and collective entrepreneurship
- The incorporation of philanthropy and caring into the Science sector
- Advocating for increased diversity in STEM Education
The event will feature a Panel Discussion with leaders of NPOs who will discuss the ways in which non-profits contribute to science, healthcare and keeping public scientifically engaged! Learn about their personal insights gained from working within different types of Science-based NPOs, and discover how you can contribute to science, even when not hands-on at the bench.