If you have any questions or would like verify that your application for graduation has been submitted for a specific term, contact Eileen Doran.
Apply to Graduate
All students—undergraduate, graduate, and professional—who intend to graduate during a given term must submit an application for graduation by the end of week 3 for the Fall or Spring terms or by the end of week 2 for the Summer term.
Graduation is not automatic and students must verify their degree completion within their academic departments/advisors. Please read the instructions for submitting your application for graduation carefully. Please keep in mind that submitting your application for graduation is not the same thing as submitting your RSVP to attend the Commencement ceremony. Commencement ceremonies are held in December and May.
NOTE: Students enrolled in 8 week courses will not officially graduate until the completion of the full term, even if their coursework is completed during Term A.
How to apply
- Login to my.UIC
- Select the Academics tab > then click on the Records tab
- Under Student Record Links, choose Declare your Intent to Graduate.
- You may be asked to log in—then the Graduation Information page will automatically open
- Read the Graduate Information page and Apply to Graduate steps
- Click Apply to Graduate at the bottom of page
- Choose the correct graduation date from the drop down and click continue Select the curriculum from which you are graduating and click continue
NOTE: If your program information is incorrect, you will be able to make changes on the Supplemental Data page. If you’re graduating from more than one program, you’ll have to go back in and submit a second application for your second degree after you’ve completed your first application. You can review your list of graduation applications by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
- Verify the name you want printed on your diploma. Click Help for information on how to change your name, if necessary. If you need to update your diploma name, please contact the Office of Registration and Records at 312-996-4381. Click continue to move on to the next page.
- Verify your diploma mailing address and click continue
NOTE: Your diploma will be mailed to this address. If no diploma address is recorded, your most recent mailing address will be used which may not be accurate.
- Review the application summary and click Submit Request after verifying application information. Your graduation application will not be submitted unless you click on Submit Request.
- Review the Printable Application Confirmation page. If changes or corrections need to be made, click the Add Supplemental Data tab and make note of corrections to your minor, concentration, major, etc. (i.e. – “Add Spanish minor”, “Kinesiology concentration should be Movement Sciences”, etc.)