Research group led by Zhenyuan Song publishes a research paper in the Journal of Hepatology
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
A research group led by Zhenyuan Song published a paper titled, “ER stress-induced upregulation of NNMT contributes to alcohol-related fatty liver development” in the Journal of Hepatology.
- Chronic alcohol consumption upregulates NNMT expression and activity in the liver.
- The activation of the PERK-ATF4 pathway of UPR contributes to alcohol-induced hepatic NNMT upregulation.
- Adenoviral knockdown of NNMT protects against fatty liver development in response to both ER stress and chronic alcohol exposure.
- NNMT inhibition enhances cellular NAD + levels.
- NNMT knockdown suppresses de novo lipogenesis pathway in hepatocytes and the liver.