We’re here to help. If you have questions about what to do next, contact us.
Checklist for Admitted Students
Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance for fall 2021!
- Complete your FAFSA – If you’re interested in financial aid, we encourage you to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. International students are not eligible for financial aid and don’t submit the FAFSA.
- Department Scholarships: The OT department will notify all incoming students at the beginning of each fall and spring semester about our scholarship competition.
- Activate your Net ID: To access UIC systems, you will need to activate your Net ID. You will need 2 pieces of information in order to activate your account: University ID number (UIN) and Token. You can find these numbers on your official acceptance letter from the UIC Office of Admissions. If you are unable to find it, please contact Maria Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View Financial Aid Award Letter: Using your Net ID and password, login to the my.UIC portal. From there, students can click on the “Student” tab and then click on the portlet for “Electronic Financial Aid Notification” and select the appropriate aid year.
- UIC MS in OT Enrollment Materials Folder – Class of 2023: This is a central folder where the department will upload information and updates about your enrollment (i.e. welcome letter and materials, tuition information, scholarship table, health documentation information, orientation and registration information, etc.)
Save the Dates!
- New Student Orientation (both days are mandatory) – Wednesday, August 18th and Thursday, August 19th. More information to follow later this spring.
- First Day of Classes – Monday, August 23rd
- UIC Academic Calendar (The Department of Occupational Therapy follows the UIC Academic Calendar except for the summer sessions and spring 2.)
Connect with the UIC Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Occupational Therapy Facebook page
- UIC OT Class of 2023 Facebook page
- Have a question for a current student? Contact our student liaison.
- Office of Financial Aid
- CampusCare (Health insurance and health care for students)
- Disability Resource Center
- Parking Services
- UIC ID Center
- CTA Ventra U-PASS (The Ventra U-PASS provides unlimited use of CTA trains and buses for enrolled full-time students.)
- Campus Housing
- Chicago Neighborhoods Document (a packet of information from our students about the different neighborhoods in and around Chicago)
- Urban Health Program (Recruitment and retention of minority students in health professions)
- Office of International Services
Refer to the MS OT Program Fall 2021 Required Textbooks, Materials and Technology Requirements document for more information on additional technical requirements and recommendations.
- Information Technology @ UIC (Connecting, sharing, and informing the UIC Community of academic IT news, resources, events, and information.)
- UIC Equipment Lending (Technology Solutions at UIC provides short-term loans of various equipment to support the academic needs of students.)
- Citizens Utility Board (Comprehensive list of the available options for reliable Internet access.)
- Drive-Up WiFi Hotspots (Map of publicly available Internet hotspots across the state that can be used for academic-related needs.)
See the calendar below for a monthly guide to prepare for your enrollment at UIC:
- You will receive our orientation and registration information packet via email that contains information about the fall semester and registration instructions. If you have any outstanding prerequisites, a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register under your transcript(s) are received.
- Complete your Exaat profile by Thursday, July 15th if you haven’t done so already.
- Finish completing your CPR, health, and immunization requirements. The deadline to upload your health documentation materials and forms to Exaat is Monday, August 16th.
- Plan for pre-orientation activities and be aware of upcoming deadlines that are detailed in the orientation and registration information packet.
- Register for courses. Refer to instructions in the UIC MS in OT Enrollment Materials Folder >> Orientation and Registration Information Letter. It is highly recommended that students complete registration by Friday, July 23rd if you would like to pick up your Ventra U-Pass on the first day of activation (August 18th – see below for more details on the Ventra U-Pass). However, if you are taking a prerequisite course, completing your bachelor’s degree this summer, and/or missing transcript(s), you will be unable to register as there will be an “advising hold” on your registration until proof of course and/or degree completion. Submit e-transcripts directly to the UIC Office of Admissions – email@example.com.
- Purchase books and supplies. Refer to the MS OT Program Fall 2021 Required Textbooks, Materials and Technology Requirements document.
The Department of Occupational Therapy will start to convert the Class of 2023 listserv to your UIC email accounts before the start of orientation.
- Schedule time to review the synchronous videos for orientation on or after August 13th and before Day 1 of orientation, if possible. The videos will remain available to students during the first weeks of the semester.
- To obtain your University ID (i-Card) and CTA Ventra U-Pass, please submit your photo to the UIC ID Center by Wednesday, August 11th so that your i-Card will be available for pick up by the 1st day of orientation on August 18th. Refer to instructions here to submit your photo.
- Plan to pick up your i-Card at Student Center East – ID Center (750 S. Halsted, 124 SCE). Your ID will need to be picked up in order to get swipe card access for the Applied Health Science Building prior to the 1st day of classes on August 23rd.
- If you would like to pick up your Ventra CTA U-Pass on the 1st day of activation (August 18th), you must have your i-Card, an ID picture on file, and be registered by July 23rd. If you register for courses after July 23rd, there may be a delay in the ID office producing your U-Pass. For additional information you can visit the UIC CTA U-Pass website. Please note that for Fall 2021, students will have the option to opt-out of the CTA Ventra U-PASS program. All full-time students are opted-in by default. To opt-out and not receive the Fall 2021 Ventra U-PASS benefit, you may confirm your decision to opt-out at https://go.uic.edu/fall_upass. The deadline to opt-out for the Fall U-PASS is September 12, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Complete the Pair and Share Activity by August 13th at 5PM. Refer to instructions in the UIC MS in OT Enrollment Materials Folder >> Orientation and Registration Information Letter.
- Submit your Online Introduction Video by August 13th at 5PM. Refer to instructions in the UIC MS in OT Enrollment Materials Folder >> Orientation and Registration Information Letter.
- Send Maria Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org) a headshot of yourself by August 13th to create a ‘starter composite” for students, faculty, and staff.
- Finish your CPR, health, and immunization requirements. Upload them to Exaat by Monday, August 16th. Refer to instructions in the UIC MS in OT Enrollment Materials Folder.
- Register for courses before orientation.
- If you completed any prerequisites or finish your degree in the summer, please submit e-transcripts directly to the UIC Office of Admissions – email@example.com. A copy of the e-transcript can be obtained by the Department of Occupational Therapy from the Office of Admissions. You will not be able to register for courses until transcripts have been received.
- Purchase books and supplies.
- If you do not need CampusCare (UIC’s Student Health Insurance), you may waive out of coverage by completing the waiver form. The deadline to waive coverage is September 12th.
- Attend the mandatory 2-day orientation on August 18th and 19th.
- Get ready for the 1st day of class on August 23rd!