Research Assistant position available working on Alzheimer’s
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Be part of Rush University Medical Center and their commitment to advancing scientific medical knowledge through research.
Position: Alzheimer Center Research Assistant 2 position in the RUSH Alzheimer’s Disease Center, conducts a variety of established research and clinic functions under direct supervision.
- Schedules research participants for all trial-related activities required by research protocol
- Obtains, stores and ships biological specimens according to research protocol. This includes drawing blood and collecting additional specimens as necessary.
- Collects data via in-person and/or telephone interviews with clinic patients, participants and caregivers
- Administers and scores an assortment of neuropsychological, lifestyle and physical function tests with patients, participants and caregivers
- Promptly enters data into electronic forms and/or web-based applications. This includes checking data for completeness and accuracy
- Utilizes internal web-based systems to schedule, track, and update participant and patient information
- Maintains participant and patient charts including editing for completeness and accuracy
- Reviews patient charts to determine eligibility status according to research protocol
- Applies a thorough knowledge of the research protocols to serve as a resource person to the clinicians and study coordinators
- Assists clinicians and study coordinators as necessary to ensure research protocol compliance and to maximize overall participant satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Phlebotomy skills preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse group of people including elderly patients, caregivers, and staff
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to prioritize, good judgment and decision-making skills, skill in attending to detail and accuracy in scoring test results
- Ability to work well both independently and in a group setting in order to meet project goals
- Computer proficiency
- Day travel within the greater Chicago area and surrounding suburbs required. Access to an automobile in good working condition required Knowledge of data recording and procedures in clinical studies desirable
For more information go to Rush University Medical Center Job Search and type the job number, 2016-1837 into the bottom search.