Questions about our wait lists? Contact Randal Stone if you need help.
Looking to get on a waitlist for one of our courses? You’re in the right place.
Courses other than KN 251 and 252
(scroll down for KN 251 and/or KN 252)
For courses other than KN 251 and 252 the following guidelines apply:
- Most KN courses are restricted to majors in the College of Applied Health Sciences (AHS).
- While priority is given to AHS students, we work to accommodate as many non-AHS students as possible.
- You MUST submit a separate form for each course you wish to waitlist.
- Overrides for non-AHS students are typically given shortly after Open Registration begins, and always before the first day of class.
- If approved for an override, you will receive a confirmation via UIC email with additional instructions
Clicking the link below indicates that you have read and understand the guidelines above.
KN 251 (fall) and KN 252 (spring)
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting your request to join a waitlist for KN 251 or 252.
(Spring Semester) KN 252: Human Physiological Anatomy II
All students enrolled in KN 251 in the fall will automatically receive an override for KN 252 the following semester. There is no need to place yourself on the waitlist.
Students outside of AHS who are NOT currently registered for KN 251—e.g., you took the course at another school or at UIC during an earlier semester—may join the waitlist.
(Fall Semester) KN 251: Human Physiological Anatomy I
Due to the high demand for anatomy and physiology courses, students outside the College of Applied Health Sciences must place themselves on a waitlist to be considered for a spot in the class.
Overrides will be given to students on the waitlist corresponding to the number of available seats in the class. The date you request the course via the waitlist has no bearing on your likelihood of receiving permission to take the course. All students who sign up by 5 p.m. the last day of finals week will be given the same consideration for the override.
Priority will be given to students who have met the following requirements by the deadline:
- Declared an educational goal in the Health Sciences
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
All students must have completed the pre-requisite course, BIOS 110 or be registered in BIOS 110 (or the equivalent) for the summer semester to receive permission to take the course.
- Students planning to take the equivalent of BIOS 110 in the summer at another institution should check to ensure they are in the equivalent course by using the Transferology resource from CollegeSource. Students who register for BIOS 110 over the summer and then withdraw from or drop the course can be dropped from KN251, run the risk of backtracking, and are at a serious disadvantage when taking KN 251.
- LAS students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and have a grade of C or better in BIOS 110 in order to receive an override for KN 251. Students who do not fall within these parameters should schedule an appointment to talk with a pre-health advisor about their options or request an appeal.
Students who sign up after the deadline will still be considered, however on a space-available basis and according to the original qualifications (educational goal, grade point average and program necessity). Further, final overrides will be given in August if space is available.
When you'll hear from us
The first round of overrides will be given during the first full week of June. All students will be notified of their status on the waitlist by Friday of that week. We anticipate granting over 500 overrides. These have to be done individually, and the process takes time. All overrides will not be granted at one time. The second round of overrides will be given during the first full week of August.
You will be notified by email sent to your UIC email account when your override is in place and you are eligible to register. Once you receive the override, you must register for the course yourself via my.UIC; registration is not automatic. Please do not contact the Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition or the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences regarding your status on the waitlist. You will be notified if and when you are granted the override.
How to register
KN 251 is offered in a blended online and classroom instruction format. You’ll register for one lecture (LEC), one discussion (DIS) and one laboratory (LAB).
The lecture is virtual—all lecture content is delivered online via the course Blackboard site. You select from four possible discussion sections (M, T, W or R from 8 to 8:50 a.m.) and from 16 lab sections scheduled throughout the week. The LEC will appear on your schedule as meeting Fridays from 8 to 8:50 a.m. This is to accommodate the lecture exams, which are held on campus Fridays during weeks 3, 7, 10 and 15. Attendance is not required on any other Fridays.
When an override is given for KN 251, it is for the class in general. You must then register for sections that are open and that fit your schedule. Requests for specific laboratories and/or discussion sections cannot be accommodated.
Clicking the link below indicates that you have read and understand the guidelines above. You will be required to select your campus and enter your UIC NetID and ACCC common password to log in.