2021 CCTS KL2 Clinical & Translational Scholars Program: Call for Applications
The UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Science invites applications for the Clinical and Translational Science (CATS) Scholars Awards.
These two year awards provide a vigorous mentoring and career development program for clinical and translational scholars in disciplines and professions such as medicine, dentistry, engineering, social work, public health, physical and occupational therapy, psychology, nursing, and pharmacy.
The CATS Scholars Program is intended to accelerate the career progression of scientists who have demonstrated a commitment to clinical and/or translational research. Ideal candidates are junior faculty who will have completed the majority of their formal research training and now require protected time to develop a specific research project that will lead to external funding.
- 75% release time for research and career development, which will be funded by the CATS Program up to $100,000
- $25,000 annually to support scholarly activities as well as $2,500/year for research related travel
- Individual, formalized career planning and progress review
- Monthly career development activities
- Peer review of grants and external presentations
- Mentoring from senior faculty
- Subsidized CCTS services
- Additional funds for external enrichment activities to support career development goals
- February 1, 2021: Submission portal opens for full applications and letters of recommendation
- March 1, 2021: Application Deadline: 5:00pm CST
- June 1, 2021: Anticipated award start date