AHS faculty and staff: Connect with newly admitted and continuing AHS students over the summer
Thursday, May 7, 2020
The AHS Office of Student Affairs is exploring new ways to connect and engage with our newly admitted and continuing students over the summer and beyond. We need and would love to partner with AHS faculty and staff on new initiatives to help us in this effort. We have identified a few strategies already, but are certainly open to other suggestions or ways you would like to be involved. The following are ways that you can contribute:
- Host a virtual presentation or demonstration, followed by live chat
- Brief video describing one of your courses
- Brief video sharing a short course lesson or demo
- Brief video describing why you are passionate about your field
- Brief video describing your research and potential ways students can be involved
- Brief video describing “Why choose UIC AHS? “ Or specific AHS program?
- What unique experiences are offered by your program?
- Participate in Summer College AHSSET
- Social media campaign or activity (Linkedin, Instagram, etc.)
- Other activity of interest to you
Complete the form at https://go.uic.edu/AHSEngage to indicate ways in which you would like to be involved. Upon completion of the form, a student affairs team member will follow up with you. We recognize that some programs are developing their own yield and retention activities which we would also like to help promote. This initiative will serve as a supplement to those activities.
Questions? Contact Eileen Doran at email@example.com.