AHS Scholarship Fund Award – applications due 02/07/2020
Thursday, January 30, 2020
The College of Applied Health Sciences is pleased to announce
the AHS Scholarship Fund award.
The application is available at the UIC SnAP website: https://uic.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
Applications are February 7, 2020.
Currently enrolled, full-time, degree-seeking students in the College of Applied Health Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) who have a demonstrated financial need may apply for this scholarship. Nondegree students, former students, students who previously received a UIC College of Applied Health Sciences Scholarship Fund, and students enrolled in other colleges at UIC are not eligible.
This award is to recognize outstanding student leaders who maintain high academic achievement, have financial need and demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism within the UIC community and greater Chicagoland area (e.g., through participation in student organizations, campus activities and local nonprofits that strengthen the community).
Award Amount (up to $1000):
The college will present up to 5 awards.
To apply for this award, you must be a full time student (12 credits for undergraduate or professional levels, 9 credits for graduate level) and submit the following:
- Complete both the online general application and the AHS Scholarship Fund Award application questions through UIC SnAP by February 7.
- Obtain a letter of support from a faculty member or advisor.
- Submit personal statement as required in application.
- Application form is available online at the link below.
Instructions for completing application through UIC SnAP:
1) Sign In with Your Institution using your UIC email address and password
2) Click on “Applications” in menu bar
3) Click on “General Application”
4) Complete required fields in the General Application
5) Upon completion, click on “Update your Application”
6) Next, click on “Opportunities” in menu bar.
7) Use the pull down menu to be sure that “All” is highlighted and not just “Recommended” scholarships
8) Then you can search for “AHS Scholarship Fund Award”
9) Complete the required fields in the application: 1) personal statement, 2) letter of support, and 3) general question(s)
10) Upon completion, update/save/submit your application.
Should you have any questions, please contact the AHS Student Affairs Office at 312-996-2079.