CCTS KL2 Scholars Program call for applications
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) invites applications for the Clinical and Translational Science (CATS) Scholars Awards. These two year awards provide a vigorous mentoring and career development program for clinical and translational scholars in disciplines and professions such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, psychology, pharmacy, and physical & occupational therapy.
The CATS Scholars Program is intended to accelerate career progression of scientists who have demonstrated a commitment to clinical and/or translational research. Ideal candidates are junior faculty who will have completed the majority of their formal research training and now require protected time to develop a specific research project that will lead to an external funding.
Benefits of the Program:
- 75% release time for research and career development, which will be funded by the CATS Program up to $100,000 (the home department/unit must commit to this release time in writing at the time of application).
- Funds to support scholarly activities. Scholars will receive $25,000 annually to support their scholarly activities, as well as $2,500/year for research related travel.
- Individualized career planning and formalized annual review of progress
- Monthly career development workshops and activities
- Peer review of grants and external presentations
- Mentoring from senior faculty
- Access to subsidized CCTS core services (requires submission of an application/proposal for approval)
- Additional funds for external enrichment activities to support career development goals
Deadline for the Spring 2017 CATS Scholars Award is Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5 p.m.