Scalzitti Scholarship Application – DUE 02/07/2020
Thursday, January 30, 2020
Scalzitti Scholarship Application
Award Information and Eligibility:
The Scalzitti Scholarship is funded through the generosity of alumnus, David Scalzitti, who received three degrees from the UIC College of Applied Health Sciences. These include a BS in Physical Therapy (‘87), MS in Kinesiology (‘94), and PhD in Disability Studies (‘08). Dr. Scalzitti spent 11 years working at the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) as the associate director for research and is now an assistant professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and Health Care Sciences at The George Washington University. He is a native Chicagoan who has strong family roots in the Little Italy neighborhood near UIC.
Currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree-seeking students in the College of Applied Health Sciences at UIC are eligible to apply for the Scalzitti Scholarship. Non-degree students, former students, students who previously received an award during the current fiscal year, and students enrolled in other colleges at UIC are not eligible. This scholarship is a financial need-based and academic merit award.
The application is available at the UIC SnAP website: https://uic.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
Applications are February 7, 2020.
To be eligible for this award students must:
- Be enrolled full-time in their program (undergraduate and professional students = 12 hours or more; graduate students = 9 hours or more.)
- Demonstrate financial need as reported by the Federal Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) or through a letter of support from the student’s academic department.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance through their academic program in the College of Applied Health Sciences.
Award Amount $500
The maximum award amount is $500 and will be applied toward students’ accounts. Only one award will be distributed per academic year.
To Apply for this Award:
To apply for this award, you must be a full time student (12 credits for undergraduate or professional levels, 9 credits for graduate level) and submit the following:
- Complete both the online general application and the AHS Scholarship Fund Award application questions through UIC SnAP by February 7, 2020.
- Obtain a letter of support from a faculty member or advisor from your home department that addresses your academic performance in your program to date.
- Submit a personal statement describing your financial need and addressing your academic performance to date.
- Application form is available online at the link below.
Instructions for completing application through UIC SnAP:
1) Sign In with Your Institution using your UIC email address and password
2) Click on “Applications” in menu bar
3) Click on “General Application”
4) Complete required fields in the General Application
5) Upon completion, click on “Update your Application”
6) Next, click on “Opportunities” in menu bar.
7) 7) Use the pull down menu to be sure that “All” is highlighted and not just “Recommended” scholarships
8) Then you can search for “Scalzitti Scholarship Award”
9) Complete the required fields in the application: 1) personal statement, 2) letter of support, and 3) general question(s)
10) Upon completion, update/save/submit your application.
Should you have any questions, please contact the AHS Student Affairs Office at 312-996-2079.