Volunteers needed – develop leadership skills and assist new UIC students!
We are excited to announce a call for volunteers for the second year of the AHS Transfer Ambassadors Program.
This program enlists current AHS students to help welcome and orient incoming transfer students by sharing insight on UIC and AHS.
If you were a transfer student yourself, perhaps you would have liked the connection of a friendly ambassador to help you navigate the new environment and provide their tips and advice. By becoming a Transfer Ambassador you can share what you’ve learned through your own transition, helping to guide the newest group of AHS transfer students.
What’s in it for you?
Being a Transfer Ambassador has several benefits:
- Develop leadership skills
- Engage in resume building activities, personal and professional development opportunities, and other initiatives
- Build confidence in public speaking, presenting, and student engagement
- Network and collaborate with UIC staff and faculty on events and projects
- Expand your knowledge of UIC’s campus and resources
- Attend fun events exclusively for Transfer Ambassadors and new transfer students
- Form meaningful relationships with other Transfer Ambassadors and AHS students
If you are interested in becoming a Transfer Ambassador please complete the Transfer Ambassador application.
Application deadline is Monday, June 28.
Questions? Contact Kristen Kepnick at firstname.lastname@example.org