Ask your doctor for a referral for cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing. If your doctor is outside the UI Health system, have them fax their referral to (312) 413-8333. Once we receive the referral, a member of our team will contact you to get scheduled. You may also call us in advance of your referral.
Cardiopulmonary Exercise Stress Testing
One low-risk test to create your health profile
By measuring how well your body responds to exercise and assessing your overall fitness, your doctor can make decisions about the best therapy for you. Insight on how your blood pressure and heart rate increase with exercise, as well as whether your EKG looks normal with activity, allows your doctor to provide you with physical activity recommendations and referrals to one of our exercise physiologists who will help you become and stay physically active.
Clinic tests are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am-12pm.
- Maximal oxygen consumption (gold standard fitness marker)
- Anaerobic threshold
- Maximal heart rate
- Heart health
- Blood pressure response to max exercise
- Assessment of any signs or symptoms
Benefit and Purpose of Service
- Diagnostic assessment of symptoms for chronic disease
- Functional assessment for other therapies (surgery interventions, transplant, rehabilitation, etc.)
- Performance measures to develop or improve training
How to schedule a test
You can contact us at: