Contact the student affairs team any time—no appointment needed! We can help you find the right program for you, get in contact with an academic advisor, discuss the orientation process, and learn more about being a part of the AHS community.
Welcome to AHS!
Are you a newly admitted AHS student? You’re in the right place! Here you’ll find information and resources to help you identify and take your next steps as an AHS student.
Be sure to visit our YouTube page for more AHS videos about our courses, programs and career opportunities.
New student resources
Undergraduate student checklist
Now that you’ve been admitted, complete next steps to launch your educational journey with AHS. Make sure to check your UIC email often during this process, as additional information will be sent to you. These steps must be completed in the order listed below.
- Accept your admissions decision and submit your intent to enroll.
- Take your placement tests . AHS students are required to take placement tests for English, math and chemistry. Students who have completed equivalent transfer courses or AP tests may be exempt.
- Complete your online orientation modules through the portal.
- Sign-up for an on-campus orientation program. Once the online modules are complete you will be cleared to sign-up for this program through the portal. Check your UIC email for additional information.
- Connect with your AHS academic advisor during your UIC Orientation to obtain your course schedule and learn more about campus resources. Participation is required for all incoming freshman and transfer students.
- Register for courses via the XE Registration system . This will take place during the in-person orientation.
Students who are re-admitted to AHS are not required to participate in UIC Orientation. Contact the AHS Office of Student Affairs to obtain your academic advisor assignment.
There are several opportunities to learn more about our programs and connect with our faculty, advisors and students prior to enrolling. Please check back at a later date for an updated events listing.
Graduate and professional students
Newly admitted graduate and professional students should consult their respective AHS program to obtain information on new student orientation and prematriculation requirements.
There are several opportunities to learn more about our programs and connect with our faculty, advisors and students prior to enrolling. Each August we sponsor our incoming professional and graduate students with an AHS New Student Welcome. Details at: https://ahs.uic.edu/inside-ahs/events/ahs-new-student-welcome/
AHS Summer Exploration and Transition Institute
Looking for exciting jump-start to college? Participate in the AHS Summer Exploration and Transition Institute (AHS:SET)!
AHS:SET takes place over two days during the summer with the goal to engage and prepare AHS incoming freshmen and transfer students in a fun and interactive format.
Learn about academic course work, research opportunities and resources available to you for navigating the rigors of an AHS degree.
Sharpen your skills, make connections and learn about AHS – all before your first semester at UIC!
Go to my.uic.edu, click on “connect” and scroll down to “Summer College”
Go to go.uic.edu/AHSSET