AHS Live Chat available Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
Welcome to AHS!
Are you a newly admitted AHS student? You’re in the right place! Here you’ll find information and resources to help you identify and take your next steps as an AHS student.
New student resources
Undergraduate student checklist
Now that you’ve been admitted, complete next steps to launch your educational journey with AHS.
- Accept your admissions decision and submit your intent to enroll
- Take your placement tests
- Participate in UIC Orientation to learn about campus resources, clubs and organizations, research opportunities, internships and more. Participation is required for all incoming freshman and transfer students
- View a webinar hosted by your academic advisors. You will receive a link to the webinar once you complete the UIC Orientation
- Connect with your academic advisor in a one-on-one appointment and receive your course schedule. Steps to make an appointment will be included with the webinar information
- Register for courses via the XE Registration system
Students who are re-admitted to AHS are not required to participate in UIC Orientation. Contact the AHS Office of Student Affairs to obtain your academic advisor assignment.
There are several opportunities to learn more about our programs and connect with our faculty, advisors and students prior to enrolling. Consider attending one of the following events to learn more:
- June 1 at 11 a.m.: Nexus Q&A for newly admitted and prospective AHS undergraduate students
- June 1, July 6 and August 3: Online nutrition information sessions
- May 29, June 12 and June 23: Physical therapy information sessions
- June 1, 19 and July 24: Virtual MS in OT sessions
- May 27 through July 22, Wednesdays at noon: Kinesiology Summer Community Lecture Series
Graduate and professional students
Newly admitted graduate and professional students should consult their respective AHS program to obtain information on new student orientation and prematriculation requirements.
AHS Summer Exploration and Transition Institute
Looking for exciting jump-start to college? Participate in the AHS Summer Exploration and Transition Institute (AHS:SET)!
AHS:SET takes place over two days during the summer with the goal to engage and prepare AHS incoming freshmen and transfer students in a fun and interactive format.
Learn about academic course work, research opportunities and resources available to you for navigating the rigors of an AHS degree.
Sharpen your skills, make connections and learn about AHS – all before your first semester at UIC!
Go to my.uic.edu, click on “connect” and scroll down to “Summer College”
Go to go.uic.edu/AHSSET