We’re here to help. If you have questions about what to do next, contact Marjani Jones.
After You Apply
You’ve applied and submitted your application. Now what?
You can check your status online at any time. This will show you a checklist of all your items and if they’re all correct and complete.
Admission to the P-OTD program is selective and competitive, and satisfying the requirements does not guarantee admission. We consider the following factors:
- Previous academic performance (GPA) and academic potential (GRE)
- Personal statement, letters of recommendation, work experience, research and teaching experience, volunteer experience, community service, and other relevant life experience and expertise
- Match between your career goals and the intents of the OTD program
- Match between your interests and faculty scholarship
- Availability of a faculty advisor
- TOEFL or IELTS scores considered for international students only
The time that it takes for an application to go through the review process varies. After we complete our review of your application, we communicate the recommendations and denials to Admissions and they update the official record. We do this throughout the application cycle.
After a decision has been made
Once Admissions enters a decision, the application portal updates and an official decision letter gets e-mailed out.
If you've been admitted...
Congratulations! Access our Admitted Student page to follow up with next steps!
International students: If you’ll need a student visa, you should submit OIS financial documents for the Office of International Services.
If you need to defer admission...
Admission can be deferred once for up to one academic year (e.g., Fall admission can be deferred to the following Spring, Summer, or Fall terms). Notify us as soon as possible that you’d like to defer admission. If your deferral is approved, we’ll forward it to campus for for final approval and official updates to your student record.
If you've been denied...
You may contact us directly to inquire about our decision. In some cases, we can advise you on what you can do to improve your applicant profile or successfully apply for a future term.