We’re here to help. If you have questions about what to do next, contact us.
Checklist for Admitted Students
Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance for Fall 2023!
- Complete your FAFSA: If you’re interested in financial aid, we encourage you to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. International students are not eligible for financial aid and don’t submit the FAFSA.
- Department Scholarships: The OT department will notify all incoming students at the beginning of each fall and spring semester about our scholarship competition.
- Activate your Net ID: To access UIC systems, you will need to activate your Net ID. You will need 2 pieces of information in order to activate your account: University ID number (UIN) and Token. You can find these numbers on your official acceptance letter from the UIC Office of Admissions. If you are unable to find it, please contact Maria Larson at email@example.com.
- View Financial Aid Award Letter: Using your Net ID and password, login to the my.UIC portal. From there, students can click on the “Student” tab and then click on the portlet for “Electronic Financial Aid Notification” and select the appropriate aid year. Please note that award notifications will be sent out starting March 15th.
Save the Dates!
- New Student Open House (family and friends welcome!) – Friday, May 19, 2023 (Time TBA)
- New Student Orientation (both days are mandatory) – TBD
- First Day of Classes – Wednesday, August 16 and Thursday, August 17, 2023 (Schedule TBA)
Connect with the UIC Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Occupational Therapy Facebook page
- UIC Entry-level OTD Admitted Students Facebook Page
- Have a question for a current student? Contact our student liaison.
- Office of Financial Aid
- Campus Care (Health insurance and health care for students)
- Disability Resource Center
- Parking Services
- CTA Ventra U-PASS (The Ventra U-PASS provides unlimited use of CTA trains and buses for enrolled full-time students.)
- Campus Housing
- Chicago Neighborhoods Document (a packet of information from our students about the different neighborhoods in and around Chicago)
- Urban Health Program (Recruitment and retention of minority students in health professions)
- Office of International Services
A month-by-month to do list will be posted in March 2023.