Ready to apply?

Don’t worry, we’ll make this easy.

Before you start, review our admission criteria on the Before You Apply page to make sure you meet all the requirements.

Prefer to work with an enrollment advisor that can guide you through the application process? Get in touch with us now.


On campus
Applications are accepted from August 1 to May 1 for Fall enrollment only.

Applications are accepted on a rolling admission schedule. Applications are due November 1 for Spring and July 1 for Fall.


  • Application
  • Transcripts
  • Letters of recommendation
  • Resume
  • Course outline form

Official UIC application

Complete the online undergraduate application—just follow the instructions listed there, selecting Nutrition/Health Info Mgmt for the application type. There is a nonrefundable application fee of $60 for all non-UIC transfer applicants.

If you’re applying for Summer enrollment, use our specialty application.


Request official registrar-issued transcripts to be sent directly to the UIC Office of Admissions from all colleges or universities you’ve attended, including mark sheets and grading scale legends.

Letters of recommendation

Provide names and email addresses of three references, excluding peers, friends and family). The system will automatically generate an email to each of the recommenders requesting that recommendations be uploaded to the link provided in the email. Recommenders should upload a completed form to the link within 30 days or by the deadline, whichever comes first.


Submit a current resume, with any employment gaps explained.

Course outline

Submit a course outline form. Next to each course, indicate where the course was completed. Include the term, year, letter grade received—not the numeric score—and all courses in progress.

International students

If you’re granted immigrant, permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee, parolee or conditional entrant status, you must attach a clear photocopy (front and back) of your Alien Registration Card and/or other appropriate INS documentation. Be aware that submission of these copies is no guarantee of their acceptability. Additional documentation and/or review of original documents may be required.

Evidence of financial support

If you require an F-1/J-1 visa, you must submit evidence of financial support through a notarized Declaration and Certification of Finances form and Immigration and Naturalization Service’s Affidavit of Support Form (I-134) executed by the sponsor; or a notarized affidavit of support executed by the sponsor.

Any of these forms must be notarized and accompanied by a copy of a bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds in U.S. dollars. Checking accounts are unacceptable.

Content Section

Rich Wojtas


We make applying as easy as possible, but we know that the application process can be overwhelming. If you can’t find the answer to your admissions questions here, reach out when you need help.

For our online program, call 866-674-4842 or talk to an enrollment advisor.

For our on-campus program, contact Rich Wojtas at:

Helpful links