Do you have questions about the application process that we haven’t answered? Don’t worry! We’re here to help.
Transferring from another UIC college
We welcome transfer students from all UIC programs who meet the requirements listed below.
Learn more about us
To prepare yourself for transfer to the BS in Kinesiology, start by checking out our intercollege transfer guide. In order to uphold a fair and unbiased admissions process, our advisors are unable to meet with you one-to-one to discuss your academic plans until you’re admitted to the program.
Find out all you need to know about the transfer process by attending one of our information sessions. No registration necessary! We’ll review the intercollege transfer guide and answer general questions about the application process. Note: individual academic plans cannot be reviewed during the information session.
Check your requirements
Listed below are the minimum requirements to apply for intercollege transfer. Please read the intercollege transfer guide for a full review of our application requirements and timeline.
- Good academic standing (cannot be on academic probation). A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in order to apply to the program. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher does not automatically guarantee admission to the program.
- Completion of at least one semester of coursework at UIC. You may apply during your 1st semester at UIC but full review will take place once grades post at the end of the semester.
- Courses to complete prior to application. Highest priority will be given to students with a ‘B’ or higher in the following:
- Biology 100
- Chemistry 101 or higher
- Math 121 (or placement in a higher level course)
- Additional science and math courses may be used in reviewing your application. Completion of multiple Kinesiology courses does not guarantee admission to the program.
Don’t worry, we’ll make this easy!
We accept applications for fall and spring admission from weeks 1 through 14 of each semester. Applications for spring admission are due by Friday, November 30th.
Intercollege transfer application
Submit your application online via our application form. The application is posted online during the 1st week of fall and spring semesters.
After you apply
When you'll hear from us
You’ll receive a decision during week 16 of the semester in which you applied. Students applying for spring admission will receive an email notification the week of December 10th.
We make sure to notify you on either decision. Accepted students will be invited to meet with a Kinesiology academic advisor. Denied students may continue to work with their current academic advisor on alternative plans. You’ll also be notified if further grades and review are needed in order to be considered for admission to the BS in Kinesiology.
You can contact Kerri Collado at:
901 W. Roosevelt Rd.
347 PEB (MC 194)
Chicago, IL 60608