Ready to apply?
Don’t worry, we’ll make this easy.
Complete applications are due February 15 for entry into the fall.
Don’t wait until the last minute to apply! Start early. Give yourself plenty of time to collect and submit all your materials before the application deadline.
- UIC application
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- A Master of Arts or Master of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or similar degrees.
- At least 100 hours of experience working in a clinical setting (i.e., cardiac rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation, community wellness, adult physical fitness programs, cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in master’s program
- Transcripts with completed courses in the following areas:
- Advanced exercise testing, interpretation and prescription
- Advanced exercise physiology
UIC application and transcripts
Submit your admissions application online—just follow the instructions listed there. There is a non-refundable application fee of $70 for all applicants. Upload your transcripts as part of the application.
Submit a 300- to 500-word personal statement that addresses your desire to attend the professional doctorate program and how you wish to apply your newly acquired skills.
Letters of recommendation
Submit two letters of recommendation in support of your application from people who can comment meaningfully on your work in academic and professional settings. Don’t seek recommendations from peers, family, friends or social acquaintances.
If English is not your native language, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the exam of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Scores must be submitted to UIC directly using the institutional code 1851.
The minimum score for the internet-based TOEFL is 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21. Minimum scores for IELTS are 6.5 for the total score, 6.0 for each of the four subsections.
Declaration and Certification of Finances
The Declaration and Certification of Finances form must be signed by both you and your sponsor.
Submit official English translations for all academic credentials not originally issued in English.
Submit an original bank statement signed by a bank official showing sufficient funding in a savings account, money market account or certificate of deposit account. Checking accounts are not acceptable.
You can contact Mollie at:
1919 W. Taylor St.
444 AHSB (MC 898)
Chicago, IL 60612